Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Peer Pressure

One of the biggest things for me when it comes food is peer pressure. My current circle of friends--as in, the people I see every single day--are all either doing the Paleo thing or are just health nuts in general. And they are all vocal about what they are cooking and eating on a day to day basis. In a crowd of "grilled chicken spinach salad" and "seared ahi tuna with spinach and quinoa" and "pho with zucchini, carrot and daikon radish noodles" and Paleo this or Paleo that...I'm sure as hell not gonna be the one saying "ah, I made lasagna with canned sauce and plain white boxed pasta and served it with white french bread slathered in butter and an iceberg side salad that I bought pre-made in a sack that my husband drowned in bottled ranch dressing." haha! Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for meals like that....but every day or even once a month, not so much. haha!

I have simply found that I need to be able to hold myself accountable for what I eat on some level, and I think this goes hand in hand with peer pressure. For me? That means blogging a recipe or snapping a photo of a plate of food and posting it to Facebook for all of my health nut foodie friends to see--yes, I am one of *THOSE* people. Another way of holding myself accountable in the kitchen? We have friends or family over for dinner 4-5 nights a week, and while none of them would have the gall to comment about me serving something less-than-healthy, I'd feel seriously awful serving them crap. All together, it gives me the incentive I need to not slack off when it comes to cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment